Based on the Governor's emergency order requirement all businesses and organizations that do not provide COVID-19 Essential Services to close their businesses by Tuesday, March 24th at noon until April 7th at noon, The Town of Winchendon will be reducing staff reporting to work to comply with the order. Emergency services will not be impacted by the Governor's order. The Transfer Station will continue to be open during their normal weekly schedule.
For the Town, essential includes:
- Police, fire/EMS and public safety dispatchers and administrative staff critical to ongoing operations.
- Public works employees and administrative staff necessary to repair and maintain critical infrastructure including roads, bridges, fleet maintenance and burials.
- Water and wastewater operations and maintenance employees.
- Building, gas and electrical inspectors and administrative staff necessary to ensure continuity of building functions.
- Public health and community health workers including those that compile, analyze and communicate public health information, and Administrative employees who are essential to continuity-of-operations of municipal government.
- Department Heads will be responsible to carry forth their core services to ensure continuity of government functions. Essential staff will wherever possible work remotely and limit contact hours in the Town Hall to necessary functions.
Please remember that you can drop off payments in the dropbox located at the Front Street entrance of the Town Offices.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.