Tuesday Evenings 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
or by appointment
Call 978-297-0500 for more information
The mission of Veteran’ Services for the Town of Winchendon is to:
- Assist each veteran and their dependents through state and federal benefits
- Fulfill the obligations associated with the Veterans Bill of Rights, MGL ch 115 and 108 CMR (Code of Massachusetts Regulations).
Each veteran has the right to:
- File a written application for benefits at any time. You can insist upon this right, even if told that you are not eligible (108 CMR 4.02)
- Receive assistance from your local veterans’ agent in completing your application (MGL ch 115, s. 3)
- Receive a full explanation of the services and benefits available under MGL ch 115, as well as other available benefits
- Receive a written notice and explanation of the approval or denial of your application for benefits (108 CMR 8.02)
- Be treated with dignity and respect and to receive accurate, courteous and timely service
- Appeal and request a hearing if you disagree with any action taken in your case (108 CMR 8.07(1)
- Expect confidential; personal information will not be collected or used except for the purposes of determining your eligibility for benefits (MGL ch 40, s.51)
- Receive fair and equal treatment without regard to sex, race, religion, handicap, ethnicity or national origin (MGL ch 151B, s.3)
- Preference in public employment (MGL ch 31, s12, 26, 28 and ch 41, s.112)